Security Operations/ Product Owner
New Iron is helping a client recruit for a unique position. We are looking for someone, ideally a developer or former developer, who has developed software for deployment in Security Operations Centers, or who has significant Security Operations Center domain expertise to join a dynamic team of developers enabling the development of next-generation SOC software development tools.
We are looking for someone with both software development expertise and SOC domain expertise who can play the role of Product Owner for the team.
The ideal candidate will come from a development background and will possess in-depth SOC subject matter expertise, including:
- Expertise in the development, verification, deployment and maintenance of security sensors and tools
- Expertise in the use of security sensors logs to identify intrusions
- Expertise in the use of programming languages to extract, de-obfuscate, or otherwise manipulate malware related data
- Knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, forensics and malware reverse engineering, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT infrastructure
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to think critically and creatively while analyzing security events, network traffic, and logs to engineer new detection methods
- Work directly with SOC stakeholders on cyber threat intelligence analysts to convert intelligence into useful requirements for software development
- Collaborate with incident response teams to rapidly build detection rules as needed.
- Experience in software development
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong customer service approach when working with business and technical partners
- Experience with Agile development practices
This position can be remote and would require travel to the various SOC sites!
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.