New Iron is helping a client hire an API Architect.
Our customer has a security application that can be integrated with 3rd party applications via a microservice API. They would like to rework and package this microservices API for use by third party developers.
The resulting product should be a stable API that 3rd party application integration engineers can use for years to come.
The ideal API Architect will have experience producing APIs with other developers in mind. The user experience of other integration engineers is a primary success proposition.
Experience building either API’s consumable by third party developers or open source libraries packaged for use by third party developers is a strong plus.
The API adds security to cloud native applications, and is used to build threat data capture and incident response capabilities in third party applications.
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly collaborative engineer, with a strong sense of self direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems to have a significant impact on a rapidly growing product organization.
- 8+ years software development and architecture experience
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Packaging APIs for use by other developers
- Building APIs for third party application integration
- Architecting and developing safe, secure and performant API’s
- Developing microservices for consumption by third party developers
- Documenting software for use by third party developers
- Agile development practices
The following experience is a Bonus:
- Network security
- Enterprise threat detection
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.