New Iron is helping a client locate a rock star Linux Admin to work closely with an Austin based development team to maintain and deploy new Production and Development servers.
This is a great full-time opportunity for a well-rounded, team-focused Linux Admin who cares about helping everyone be successful.
You'll monitor the system to identify and address both system- and account-level issues, deploy updates and patches, troubleshoot new application code deployments, and administer the platform.
The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and key Linux technologies.
Job duties will include:
- Installing new versions of company application software in both production and development
- Supporting mission-critical production servers
- Configuring new hardware with Linux updates
- Installing new co-located servers in Austin, Texas
- Configuring firewalls
- Developing training materials for the Linux systems and solutions staff at customer sites
- Executing projects plans and schedules and documenting the outcome of projects
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS
- System administration of virtualization technology (e.g., Nutanix, OpenStack, VMWare, KVM, and other Hypervisors)
- DRAC, BIOS, PXE, DNS, LDAP
- Expertise in Server monitoring, debugging methods and technologies.
- Ability to integrate servers with SANs and configure network interfaces.
- Ability to design and document rack layout and server power consumption in Visio, Excel, PowerPoint
- Systems and Network Security (DoD/Gov, STIGs, IDS/IPS, Multi-factor Authentication)
- Cryptography implementation knowledge, esp. PKI and certificate handling
- Familiarity with iOS and Android environments
The following is a strong plus:
- Experience in technologies such as Puppet, Docker, ArcSight, Zenoss, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
This is a full-time, direct-hire role based in Austin, TX. Principals only. Recruiters, do not contact this job poster.