Senior Database Developer - MS SQL Server
New Iron is helping recruit for a Senior MS SQL Server Database Developer to build high-performance code for data business purposes.
Our client’s product has millions of unique users daily, a large transaction volume, and strict response requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience ensuring, and improving the user experience of similar applications.
This is an awesome opportunity for a highly collaborative engineer, with a strong sense of self-direction, the ability to execute independently, and a keen mind for breaking down problems to have a significant impact on a rapidly growing organization.
If you are a team player who is energized in helping everyone succeed, we should talk!
- Build code for high performance
- Troubleshoot and fix production performance issues
- Optimize database performance
- Automate operational tasks
- Extract report data for BI
- 8+ years of experience in RDBMS
- Expert in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – 2019 Suite
- Microsoft RDBMS and data management tools (SQL Server Management Studio; SQL Server Integration Services)
- Create and maintain Stored Procedures, Views, UDFs, and CTEs
- Exceptional skill in profiling and optimizing T-SQL queries
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving SQL Server database problems related to code performance
- Ability to understand C# code
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Nice to have:
- Idera Diagnostic Manager
- Unit testing
- Experience with Always On availability groups
- SQL Partitioned Tables
- Development experience with VLDB
This is a full-time position located in Downtown Austin. Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.