Senior SDK Engineer
AT&T Cybersecurity | Austin, TX
We are seeking an experienced SDK engineer to work with our internal teams and external partners to design, build, implement, and support an SDK for developing AlienApps. AlienApps are an integration and orchestration technology we use to automate threat detection and incident response activities.
Today, we have an internal API that is used by AT&T Cybersecurity engineers to build AlienApps. We need to extend that API so 3rd parties can develop and deploy new AlienApps. The ideal candidate should have a background in developing SDKs (commercial or open source) or operating system services. This is a hands-on role leading a small team of engineers developing a critical new capabilities for the USM Anywhere Platform.
So, why consider a position AT&T Cybersecurity?
There are many great reasons to join our team but here are a few that stand out:
· The market opportunity is enormous. There are millions of business around the world that are struggling to adequately protect their IT resources or meet their compliance obligations.
· At AT&T, we already have millions of commercial customers that we provide networking services today and that gives us a significant advantage in how we solve customer’s security problems.
· AT&T Cybersecurity runs as a separate business unit within AT&T. That gives us the reach and resources of a Fortune 9 company with the autonomy to work and deliver like a startup.
· AT&T provides a generous benefits package.
· In addition to selling software directly to end customers, AT&T Cybersecurity uses our own products to deliver managed services so we get a front-row seat in how our products are used.
· And most importantly, we come to work each day on a mission to provide organizations with highly intelligent security products to fight cybercrime.
Interested in joining our cybersecurity team?
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
· Collaborating with other senior technology leaders and user of USM Anywhere to design, develop, deploy, and manage an SDK that is used by 3rd parties to build threat data capture and orchestrate incident response activities
· Providing expertise on engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
· Architecting systems for app lifecycle management, speed, security, and performance.
· Focusing on the developer experience, from app development and workflow, app submission and verification, to app deployment.
· Evaluate 3rd party partner technologies to understand if they are a good fit for integration through the AlienApp SDK.
· Working with our Business Development team to vet, train and build 3rd party AlienApps.
· Work closely with the Engineering Team Leaders to plan and execute software engineering development cycles in an Agile environment.
· Lead and build strong global software development engineering teams and a strong, positive software engineering culture.
· All other duties and responsibilities and may be assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
· 8+ years software development and architecture experience.
· 5+ years Java experience
· 3+ years SDK development experience (REST, XML, JSON)
· Experience architecting and developing safe, secure and performant API’s
· Excellent software debugging skills and experience
· Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel as part of a geographically diverse team.
· Self-motivated with a passion for problem solving and an aptitude for customer happiness
· Comfortable with Agile development practices like unit tests, and code reviews.
· Fluency in English required. Spanish a big plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of enterprise security/threat intelligence/threat detection a big plus.
· Experience in Network security is a plus.
· Experience using RAML a plus.
WHAT YOU GET:
· A competitive compensation that includes base salary, bonus, 401K matching, and a generous benefits package.
· The opportunity to build innovative, scalable technologies with the global leader in unified security management
· Work with a company that runs a significant amount of the world’s Internet traffic, has some of the best threat intelligence information in the world and collaborates with most of the top commercial and government agencies fighting cybercrime every day.
· Live and work in beautiful Austin, Texas.
Last Updated: 3/29/2019